How many hours do you sleep each night? Be honest with yourself. The truth is that in today’s fast-pace world, there just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in a day. You may be thinking that you can’t afford to sleep more than 4-5 hours per night. But the reality is, you can’t afford not to get a good night’s rest.
In a recent episode of Gary Vaynerchuk’s podcast the #AskGaryVee Show, Arianna Huffington, co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post and author of The Sleep Revolution, discussed this very topic. She told Gary that the average person needs 7-9 hours of sleep each night. This statistic might come as a shock to a business professional who views sleeping as a luxury or even a waste of time. But the truth is that the more sleep you get, the more efficient you will be during your awake hours. If you want to be on top of your game, a healthy amount of sleep is absolutely necessary.
Sometimes sleep seems impossible. Even if your body is exhausted, your mind refuses to shut off, making it difficult to get some shut eye. Below are 5 tips to help you get better sleep…
- Turn off your phone when you’re getting ready for bed. The stimulation from your devices will keep your mind awake and sabotage your sleeping efforts.
- Take a bath or shower at night to help relieve the stress of the day.
- Come up with your own bedtime ritual. Quiet activities such as reading will put you in the right mindset for some quality sleeping time.
- Try to keep your sleeping schedule consistent. Go to bed at around the same time every night.
- If you find that you’re still not sleeping enough, take a short nap during the day. 20 minutes of sleep during your lunch break will boost your efficiency during the rest of the day. But don’t go overboard! If your naps are too long, it will be harder to fall asleep at night.
Dedicating more time to sleep will make you happier, healthier and more efficient. Remember that your own well-being is the most important factor in achieving success!
Build a Foundation of Success
“5 Ways to Separate your Business Brand From the Pack!”
Get your FREE Report today and arm yourself with insightful research, take a step back and try fresh, or even daring, ideas.
Wearable Imaging specializes in designing creative strategies to get your business noticed, and finding just the right promotional product or corporate gift to fit your vision and stay within budget.
Watch our YouTube video to learn more about how Wearable Imaging will get your brand noticed.