Have you ever felt disconnected from your significant other? Has there ever been a time when you feel like you’re just not speaking the same language? Well, maybe you’re not.
Studies have proven that everyone has one of five specific languages that we speak to our partner to express our love. There could be a disconnect in your relationship if your partner and you speak different “Love Languages”. The five Love Languages were created by Dr. Gary Chapman, and they are truly brilliant. We each have one of these five as our primary Love Language. When it is expressed, we feel more loved and appreciated by our beloved.
It is important to figure out what language your significant other speaks in order to understand how they express affection. Maybe this whole time you felt a disconnect, they felt the same way even though you both were trying your best to express your love.
Here are the five different love languages that you could be speaking:
- Words of Affirmation– This language uses words to affirm other people.
- Acts of Service– For these people, actions speak louder than words.
- Receiving Gifts– For some people, what makes them feel most loved is to receive a gift.
- Quality Time– This language is all about giving the other person your undivided attention.
- Physical Touch– To this person, nothing speaks more deeply than appropriate touch.
Take the “Love Language” quiz here.