We are so proud of our sponsor charity Alzheimer’s Orange County for all their accomplishments over the past year!
In 2017, Alzheimer’s Orange County…
- Served over 25,000 individuals with memory loss and family caregivers through our support groups, telephone helpline, early memory loss programs, and family consultations.
- Hosted or presented at over 500 educational seminars, classes and events, increasing knowledge, understanding and awareness of Alzheimer’s in Orange County
- Made or answered 9,750 phone calls on their 24/7 Telephone Helpline
- Merged with Acacia Adult Day Services in Garden Grove
- Piloted an innovative Family Drop-Off Respite Program at South County Adult Day Services, giving family caregivers the ability to reserve “drop-off” hours of care as needed to run errands, take care of personal business, or take a break from the pressures of caregiving responsibilities
- Provided information on diagnosis and care through more than 6,000 contacts with medical practices throughout Orange County
- Expanded their e-referral partnership with Kaiser Permanente Orange County to also include MemorialCare and Monarch Health
- Educated medical and nursing students, UCI and community clinic physicians and staff concerning Alzheimer’s disease and dementia care interventions and techniques, in collaboration with UCI Geriatric Medicine and the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program
- Founded the Orange County Strategic Plan for Aging, bringing together 18 OC cities, the County of Orange, 11 nonprofits and 4 regional funders to plan for the future. A first of its kind, this initiative will radically impact the lives of OC seniors in the coming years.
We are so honored to have adopted Alzheimers Orange County as our sponsor charity. Every time you place an order through Wearable Imaging, a percentage of our sales go to support this amazing cause. Together we can help find a cure!