Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! We are so grateful for all of YOU for reading and sharing our blogs! To celebrate, here are some fun facts…
8 Fun Facts to Know This Thanksgiving!
- The first Thanksgiving took place in 1621. 50 pilgrims and 90 Wampanoag Indians feasted for three days! But their menu was very different than ours. No turkey or pumpkin pie!
- In Fall of 1953, someone came up with the bright idea of packaging a single serving of turkey along with sides in aluminum trays. These were the first TV Dinners!
- Have you heard of the Presidential Turkey Pardon? This was a tradition that started with President Harry Truman in 1947, and has continued to today. Every year, the U.S. President “pardons” a turkey, sparing it the fate of becoming someone’s Thanksgiving dinner.
- Today’s Macy’s Parade features giant balloons, but the very first one in 1924 had live zoo animals instead. Only 400 people marched in the first Macy’s Parade. The tradition has certainly grown!
- Do you know which state in the U.S. eats the most turkey on Thanksgiving day? California!
- Abraham Lincoln was the president responsible for Thanksgiving becoming a national holiday. This was in the year 1863 – 200 YEARS after the first Thanksgiving feast.
- The average Thanksgiving turkeys weigh about 15 pounds. The heaviest turkey ever recorded weighed a whopping 86!
- If it had been up to Benjamin Franklin, our national bird wouldn’t be the bald eagle, but the turkey!
Build a Foundation of Success
“5 Ways to Separate your Business Brand From the Pack!”
Get your FREE Report today and arm yourself with insightful research, take a step back and try fresh, or even daring, ideas.
Wearable Imaging specializes in designing creative strategies to get your business noticed, and finding just the right promotional product or corporate gift to fit your vision and stay within budget.
Watch our YouTube video to learn more about how Wearable Imaging will get your brand noticed.