Visit us at wearableimaging.com
The New Year is a time of reflecting on the past year while setting goals and resolutions for the next. Life can be pretty hectic around the holiday season which can create quite a bit of disorganization. When our world becomes unorganized, we feel stressed, overwhelmed, and even hopeless. Here are six helpful tips on how to clean up the clutter in order to get your life organized!
1. Organize One Area at a Time
– Don’t get yourself overwhelmed by trying to de-clutter every room in the home at once. True progress comes from small, gradual steps. Take it room by room, drawer by drawer. Allow yourself to tackle each portion of the organization puzzle at a time! Try a promotional pen holder to keep all of the pens in one area while promoting your business!
2. Organize Daily
– The best way to get organized is to STAY organized! If you plan to take out an item, be sure to put it back when finished with it. Even if it’s just spending 10 minutes cleaning up a mess that was started, the clutter will evaporate. A promotional trunk organizer that can hold tons of small items is a great way to keep the car or office tidy. Why have things scattered when they can be conveniently in one simple area! If there are any unnecessary belongings that are not used, toss them! The less that you have to deal with means an easier time organizing. Even create a donation bin for items that may go to use by someone else. As they always say, “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure!”
3. Eliminate Distractions When Organizing
– Turn off the iPod, television, or radio when cleaning. The more focused you are, the more organizing can be completed. The best time to organize is when it’s just you! Allow yourself to have no distractions while cleaning as there is always a time for the television after!
4. Make a To-Do List Every Evening for the Next Day
– Keep yourself up to date on the tasks that need to be completed each day. Only write down things that absolutely need to be completed the next day. By creating routines, we can become more balanced at keeping our lives in check. Small, promotional notepads are a great way of jotting down to-dos while showing others who your brand is!
5. Create a Calendar
– Keeping a calendar with your logo on it in the family room, kitchen, or office makes planning and organizing life’s daily tasks a breeze. Write down anything that needs to be completed, such as appointments, meetings, events, and anything else that is important in life! Check it daily to see what is on the agenda for the day and what is coming up in the days and weeks ahead.
6. Have a Family or Employee Meeting Once a Week
– Have a calendar out and discuss what everyone has going on during the week and make sure that the entire team is on the same exact page and that no over-booking occurs. This eliminates assumptions or non-communication issues between everyone.
Lastly, be kind to yourself! No one is perfect and everyone has their off days. Do not beat yourself up for any small slip-ups in organization. Take each day’s organization tasks as it comes and enjoy life! Make 2013 your most organized year yet!