Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States. In Orange County, Alzheimer’s is the 3rd leading cause of death. Here are some statistics you should know!
6 Little Known Facts About Alzheimer’s
- Every 66 seconds, someone in America develops Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is estimated that nearly 500,000 new cases of Alzheimer’s disease will be diagnosed this year.
- Older African-Americans and Hispanics are more likely than older whites to have Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Of the 5.5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s, an estimated 5.1 million people are 65 or older, and approximately 200,000 are younger than 65.
- It is estimated that 250,000 children and young adults between the ages of 8 and 18 will provide help to someone with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia.
- In 2015, the direct costs to American society of caring for those with Alzheimer’s totaled an estimated $226 billion.
Alzheimer’s Orange County provides valuable resources, programs and services—free of charge–for Alzheimer’s patients and their caregivers. They also work with local research companies to help connect individuals to current clinical trials, in order to help accelerate dementia research.
Support this amazing charity by placing an order with Wearable Imaging before June 2017. Up until the end of June, a percentage of all sales will benefit Alzheimer’s Orange County and your company will be recognized!
Schedule a call now with our CEO Robin Richter and let her show you how to separate your business from the pack!
Phone: (949) 888-7837