Just last week, Facebook released some very interesting statistics from their previous quarter.
The number of Facebook members continues to rapidly increase and it is becoming harder and harder for brands to compete for ad space or a spot on your news feed. On the bright side, businesses potential client base is growing by the minute. Take into account these surprising stats when posting your next update:
- 30 million businesses now have a Facebook Fan Page.
- 41 million new members last quarter.
- Businesses are paying 122% more per ad unit on Facebook than they did just a year ago.
- 1.5 million businesses now spend money on Facebook ads.
- 829 million people use Facebook on a daily basis, an increase from 802 million last quarter.
- The average Facebook user spends 40 minutes a day on the platform
- 63% of Facebook users engage on a daily basis.
- 12 billion messages are sent per day through Facebook.
- The Messenger app is used by 250 million people each month.
- Mobile advertising revenue represented 62% of advertising revenue during the second quarter of 2014, a 41% increase year over year.
- The social media’s site engagement topped 1 billion during the world cup.
- Twice as many people now watch videos on Facebook in their feed compared to just six months ago.
- The company made $1.39 billion in net income during the second quarter of 2014.
- 80% of the top apps on iOS and Android use a Facebook Login.
- Mobile Monthly active users increased 31% from the last quarter.